Got an email today from my favorite satellite television provider, Dish Network asking me to participate in a survey about GoogleTV:
DISH Network is proud to announce its upcoming launch of Google TV. Please help us introduce this product by participating in a short customer survey about Google TV for your home.
Only DISH Network subscribers will be able to enjoy the full feature set of Google TV, which includes the following:
- Surf the entire web, your DISH TV Guide, DVR, and On-Demand movies on your TV
- Watch online video content on your TV
- Instantly receive recommendations for similar shows based on what you are watching
- Easily share photos and access online music on your TV screen
- Quickly access email and chat on your TV screen
- Customize your experience with an unlimited number of TV and online apps
For more information and updates about Google TV, visit www.dish.com/GoogleTV.
I am VERY excited to check this out.
Grand Valley State University is switching all student email to Google Mail
via GMail @ GVSU – Computing and Technology Support – Grand Valley State University.
It’s about darn time. But kudos to GVSU for finally doing it. As brad points out, we all suggested it ages ago. It was just a matter of time I suppose. The only downside is the email address changes from @student.gvsu.edu to @mail.gvsu.edu, but they say the @student address will work for a year after the switch.
I hosted mail for the domains on the-bob for a year or two and it was a horrible experience so when Google Apps opened up, I shoved everybody over there and things couldn’t be better.
Ever notice when you go to GMail from the button on the Google toolbar, it puts this “source=navclient-ff” in the URL? I decided to change my bookmark that had that in there to “source=yomama”. Hopefully some Google engineer trolling their statistics data will find it and chuckle.
Messin' with Google